The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT.
This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge.
COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step to enroll into COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor. The COBIT 5 Foundation exam is a prerequisite to attaining the COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor exams.
After completing the COBIT 5 Foundation course, delegates will have a thorough understanding of:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
This course is developed for anyone interested in obtaining a foundation-level knowledge of COBIT. This course explains the COBIT Framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
The target group of COBIT 5 Foundation course include, but are not restricted to:
- IT Auditors
- IT Managers
- IT Quality Professionals
- IT Leadership
- IT Developers
- Process Practitioners and Managers in IT service firms
- Business Management and CEO’s
- There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain.
- 24 Hours
- Module 1: The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- Module 2: The 5 key principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT.
- Module 3: How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- Module 4: The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5