ICDL & Digital Literacy Courses from Learnovate
Most jobs now require some level of digital skills. This requirement continues to grow, even in sectors considered traditional or non-technical. Online tools and mobile apps today perform a huge range of functions which were once paper-based. The workplace is digital, and in today’s competitive environment, employers highly value digital skills. Having the certified ability to use devices and tools confidently and productively is an effective way for workers to set themselves apart.
ICDL Workforce starts with the Essential Skills modules which are an important foundation for many other ICDL Modules. The Office Applications modules develop skills that are commonly used in working life. Complementing these skills are the Good Practice modules, which ensure safe, legal and productive use of technology in the workplace.
ICDL Workforce is designed to build the digital skills of the modern workplace. These modules will help employees and candidates demonstrate their effective use of technology with skills and knowledge that can be further developed by progressing to the ICDL Professional modules and beyond.
- Provide springboard to improved job and study prospects.
- Provide international recognized qualification.
- Increase essential IT skills levels and confidence at work.
- Provide a platform from which to move on to higher level of IT education.
- Make a better use of IT resources and provides a return on IT investment.
- Anyone who wishes to become fully competent in the use of a computer and common applications.
- Users who need to be certified for ICT skills, whatever their role is in society this certification is suitable for them.
- Not limited to any qualification. For actual subject and work experience requirements please contact the enrollment office.
- 130 Hours
The course is comprised of several modules, which includes-
- Computer essentials
- Proficiency in MS word
- Online essentials
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency in MS excel
- Proficiency in MS access
- Online collaboration
Here is a brief break down of the learning outcomes:-
1. Computer essentials
Gives the trainee an overall overview of how to interact with computers as a whole and understand interface. Using computers in the workplace is now a common occurrence. Knowing how to manage computers, devices, and data securely and effectively is a valuable skill for workers.
- Understand the key concepts relating to ict, computers, devices, and software
- Identify the different settings and options of an operating system and use the built-in help
- Recognize good practice in file management and be able to organize files and folders efficiently
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network
- Recognize considerations relating to green it, accessibility, and user health
2. Proficiency in MS word
- Understand the key concepts of word processing
- Identify the different file formats and how to save them
- Recognize good practice applying formatting options
- Understand the different elements, objects, and data that can be added to a document
- Know how to finalize a document and prepare it for printing
- Prepare and create documents using mail merge
3. Microsoft PowerPoint
- Understand the key concepts of using presentation software
- Identify the options available in built- in layouts, designs, and themes
- Recognize good practice in formatting text and tables
- Know how to add charts, pictures, and drawn objects to enhance presentations
- Prepare a presentation to be used for presenting or printing
4. Online essentials
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organize and search emails and use calendars.
5. Proficiency in MS excel
- Understand the key concepts of spreadsheets
- Use available help resources and shortcuts to enhance productivity
- Recognize good practice in inserting, editing, and deleting data
- Apply a range of mathematical and logical formulas and functions
- Know how to communicate information using charts and graphs
6. Proficiency in MS access
- Understand what a database is and how it is organized.
- Create a simple database and view the database content in various modes.
- Create a table, define and modify fields, and create relationships between tables. Enter and edit data in a table.
- Use filters and queries to retrieve specific information from a database.
- Create a form to enter, modify, and delete records and data in records.
- Create routine reports and prepare outputs ready for print or electronic distribution.
7. Online collaboration
- Understand the key concepts of online and mobile collaboration
- Recognize good practice in cloud computing and how this facilitates collaboration
- Identify tools supporting online collaboration, such as productivity applications, social media, calendars, meetings, and learning environments
- Know how to register, set up, and delete user accounts for collaborative tools
- Understand how collaboration works on mobile devices such as tablet and smartphones